Newsletter 20060918
Dear All,
It seems a long time since I have sent out my update news. I hope this letter finds you well and you still remember me, especially friends from
First I want to thank you for your prayers, care and concern which are really important to us. We thank God for leading us to follow HIS step and serving others according to HIS will.
Thanksgiving:
I graduated in June and got my MA degree in theology. Even thought I wasn’t sure I could make it, God granted me this chance to equip myself beginning in 2003. Three and a half years passed, almost double the period of my study plan. God is so amazing and He allowed me to take a longer break than I had expected. There is another amazing thing in my life. I will start serving at Jack’s primary school as a Religion Teacher in the mid of September. Basically I will teach Bible lessons during weekdays and serve at the church on weekends because the church is located inside the school. That’s totally God’s plan. I didn’t have any intention to serve as a pastor in a church and I had just wanted to serve as a tent-maker in China. But God had a better plan for me. I needed to obey and follow HIS guidance. After considering Jack’s education, I decided to stay in HK for a few more years. In the meantime, I will go to visit different missionaries in China during the school holidays.
Iris also starts teaching again in the same school. She benefited very much from her sick leave period. She took a break and rested for the past few months. This summer Iris and Jack had their first bike trip in China with parents and teenagers. We had a great time at the Ark orphanage which serves Tibetan orphans. We visited another orphanage in Fu Zhou in August and then we traveled with some parents and kids to visit a family who served in the mountain area of Guang Dong. God is so good to us and we experienced HIS love and mercy through all the people that we met in China.
Jack is promoted to Christian Alliance secondary school in September. He enjoys the new school life with some friends from his primary school.
Prayer requests:
Pray for Jack’s new school life.
Pray for Iris’ adaptation back to school after having left for 8 months.
Pray for Terence’s serving at school and church.
We’d love to hear from you and please let us know what specific items we can pray for you and your family.
May the grace and peace of God always be with you and your family.
Your brother Terence

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home