Biking in the rain
I did biking in the rain for almost four hours last sunday. Why did I do this?
I joined a biking fund-raising event for a research project on fundamental education among villages in China. The organization is called "Yellow House". You may learn more from their web-site: www.yellowhouse.org.hk
I was impressed by the organizer who insisted to carry on the biking. We started from Shatin to Fanling. After lunch, we continued to Lok Ma Chau to see off "Ah Lo" who will start his 6 months journey in China. All the best to "Ah Lo" and his travel companion.
Normally we seldom biking in the rain becasue we have another choice. But how about the students in China especially living in remote area. The only transportation was the bicycle. No matter what the weather was, they needed to walk or biking. Otherwise they couldn't go back home. That made them very strong physically and mentally. They won't easily give up.
I planned to join this event with my wife and son. Due to the heavy raining in the morning, my wife and son didn't join me to the event. I was glad I did it with Ah Fung and I really wanted to tell my son about this experience.
Jack, I hope we can share this biking experience in the future. I do hope we will biking around China when you grow up. May be five years later. What do you think?
I joined a biking fund-raising event for a research project on fundamental education among villages in China. The organization is called "Yellow House". You may learn more from their web-site: www.yellowhouse.org.hk
I was impressed by the organizer who insisted to carry on the biking. We started from Shatin to Fanling. After lunch, we continued to Lok Ma Chau to see off "Ah Lo" who will start his 6 months journey in China. All the best to "Ah Lo" and his travel companion.
Normally we seldom biking in the rain becasue we have another choice. But how about the students in China especially living in remote area. The only transportation was the bicycle. No matter what the weather was, they needed to walk or biking. Otherwise they couldn't go back home. That made them very strong physically and mentally. They won't easily give up.
I planned to join this event with my wife and son. Due to the heavy raining in the morning, my wife and son didn't join me to the event. I was glad I did it with Ah Fung and I really wanted to tell my son about this experience.
Jack, I hope we can share this biking experience in the future. I do hope we will biking around China when you grow up. May be five years later. What do you think?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home