Monday, December 19, 2005

A Peaceful Anti-WTO demonstration

A Peaceful Anti-WTO demonstration
I was so impressed by two teenagers (ah ching & KK) who we met last Friday night at Victoria Park. They showed concern and joined the anti-WTO demonstration last Saturday. We (Precilina, Gloria, two girls, Iris and I) joined the Korean Catholic Farmer Movement (KCFM) in Saturday afternoon. I should tell you what I experienced through this demonstration. That was a very peaceful and well-behaved demonstration. We all released the balloons and even gave roses to the police. I was glad to see the two girls and some local university students came out to show their support. We have hope because we have younger generation who are willing come out to stand for justice.
But the situation changed dramatically after we left. I felt so bad for our government and the way they treated the protesters.
Yesterday afternoon I got a call from Ah Ching & KK. They had already arrived at Victoria Park and planned to join KCFM. I was a bit worry about them because of last night’s event. The only thing I could do is to remind them to walk at the back, don’t follow the front. On the other hand, I was glad to know that one of my seminary professors was joining the demonstration too. After driving my mum and sister home, Iris and I were going to WanChai to show our support to the Korean farmers. That was the first time we saw no crowds of people in WanChai area. It was so quiet that made me wonder where I was. It was so strange to me from my HK experience.
Finally we found the KCFM group, they were sitting on the road, singing and shouting their slogan. That was a peaceful demonstration again.
I pray that all the Korean farmers arrested by the police will be released quickly.
Amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home